Join The Chartered Governance Institute for a Graduate Open Evening to explore the breadth of opportunity that a career in governance and company secretarial can offer.
The following events are planned for autumn 2019:
Manchester– 30 October 2019 https://www.icsa.org.uk/professional-development/graduatehub/manchester-graduate-open-evening
Edinburgh – 13 November 2019 https://www.icsa.org.uk/professional-development/graduatehub/edinburgh-graduate-open-evening
London – 20 November 2019 https://www.icsa.org.uk/professional-development/graduatehub/graduate-open-evening
You will discover the role of the company secretary and how it can get you into the boardroom at an early stage in your career.
- Be inspired by company secretaries talking about what drew them into the role, how they qualified, what a typical day looks like and why they love what they do.
- Get advice from a specialist company secretarial recruitment consultant about ways into the profession, possible career paths and salary potential.
- Network with other students and graduates over refreshments.
- Have an opportunity to chat to The Chartered Governance Institute team about your next steps.
Manchester Speakers include:
- Stephanie Fox, Assistant Company Secretary, Eversheds Sutherland
- Jonathan Halliday, Corporate Counsel and Data Protection Officer, Blackburn Rovers Football Club
- Louisa Wood, Consultant, DMJ Recruitment
Edinburgh Speakers include:
- Tina Hankin FCIS, Head of Insurance Company Secretariat, Lloyds Banking Group
- Sally Mayer, Head of Corporate Secretarial and Governance Services, Baillie Gifford & Co
- Nia Harkins, Company Secretary, Burness Paull LLP
- Glenn Oborne, Managing Consultant, DMJ Recruitment
London Speakers include:
- Victoria Garvin, Head of Subsidiary Governance, Aviva
- Graham Lawrence FCIS, Governance Consultant,TTP Partners
- Connor Simms, Senior Consultant, DMJ Recruitment
A photographer will be on hand at the London event to take your professional profile picture.
This event is for university students or recent graduates looking to find out more about the company secretarial role. Please book early as it is a free event with limited places available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Click https://www.icsa.org.uk/professional-development/graduatehub/manchester-graduate-open-evening to book a place in Manchester.
Click https://www.icsa.org.uk/professional-development/graduatehub/edinburgh-graduate-open-evening to book a place in Edinburgh.
Click https://www.icsa.org.uk/professional-development/graduatehub/graduate-open-evening to book a place in London.