DiversCity is a unique recruitment event and mentoring programme aimed at raising awareness of pursuing a legal career in the City amongst lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students at degree and postgraduate level. This year’s event will be held on 4 December. Applications close on Monday 13 November.
The DiversCity in Law event is an annual day long event open to undergraduates who have a genuine interest in gaining a legal career in the city.
The day consists of talks from relevant professionals, panel discussions made up of legal professionals, interactive workshops, and numerous networking opportunities.
By the end of the day, hopefully attendees will:
• have heard from a range of different people about their experiences working at city law firms – the good and bad;
• be corrected on any misconceptions they may have about being LGBT in the city;
• have been able to speak first hand to LGBT lawyers;
• encourage more LGBT lawyers to pursue a career in a city law firm;
• expand their personal networks with like minded people; and
• ensure the law profession continues to strengthen as an LGBT friendly environment.
This event, set up in 2011 has grown from strength to strength. 14 city law firms are now involved in DiversCity in Law, including Ashurst, Baker McKenzie , Berwin Leighton Paisner, Clifford Chance, Hogan Lovells, Milbank, RPC, Reed Smith, Slaughter and May, Taylor Wessing and White & Case, representing all different aspects of City law, but all are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for LGBT people.
If you are interested in attending the event or would like to know more about the initiative, please visit diverscityinlaw.net or follow on social media at facebook or twitter.