Over a period of ten weeks, six start-ups have had access to Mishcon de Reya’s lawyers and other business experts throughout the firm for advice, mentorship and education.
On 10 July the 2019 cohort took part in the annual Demo Day to talk about their experience in the MDR LAB. They presented their impressive achievements to an eager audience of lawyers and investors alike.
The six companies which took part in this year’s Demo Day were:
• Hipla - improves the home buying process by creating a ‘property handshake’- a digital reservation agreement which was developed with the aim of reducing the risk of house purchases falling through by removing the need for deposits.
• Solomonic - systematically analyses and structures litigation documents by providing data to help practitioners solve litigation research problems.
• Astroscreen - an early warning system for social media networks which defends democracy and aims to protect brands from ‘astroturfing’ by using technology to detect fake accounts, trace linguistic fingerprints, coordinated groups and anomalies so that companies can mitigate social media attacks as soon as they happen.
• Index - a CRM tool which delivers relevant news stories and information relating to your contacts and integrates calendars and workflow into the management system to help individuals stay connected.
• Donna – a Microsoft Word add-in which helps lawyers with document and contract review, including grammar and sense checks. Co-founders Rik Nauta and Anton Gerdes are working towards ‘replacing the robot within a lawyer’.
• Courtsdesk – a legal intelligence platform which supplies businesses with key information and insights from the legal system. Courtsdesk allows more information to be used in legal, due diligence and risk research, which is fundamental for business insight and risk analysis.
Through the ten-week MDR LAB programme, these start-ups have developed a deeper understanding of lawyers’ needs through user testing and working closely with mentors at Mishcon de Reya.
For Mishcon de Reya’s full Lex 100 profile, click here.