IN THE NEWS
- Posted: Thursday, 17 July 2014 11:24
- Posted: Thursday, 17 July 2014 11:16
Partners at Charles Russell and Speechly Bircham yesterday (16 July) voted 'overwhelmingly' in favour of the 1 November 2014 opening of Charles Russell Speechlys, a merged private wealth and business law-oriented UK top 30 firm that will have 170 partners, 500 lawyers and a combined revenue of £135m.
- Posted: Tuesday, 08 July 2014 11:23
Norton Rose Fulbright today (July 8) announced salary increases of up to 4% for trainees and Newly Qualified (NQ) solicitors, who will be pocketing £1,500 and £2,000 more respectively. All pay raises are backdated to 1 May, 2014.
First-year trainee salaries will be going up 4%, from £38,000 to £39,500, while second-year trainees will now be taking home £44,500 each year, up 3.5% from their 2013 pay of £43,000.
- LPC applications down by 10%
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton posts 100% autumn retention rate
- News Nuggets: 23 - 27 June, 2014
- 'Being a corporate lawyer now is not for the faint-hearted' - 30 Minutes with Ashurst's Sonica Tolani
- SRA appoints Enid Rowlands as new board chair
- News Nuggets: 16 - 20 June, 2014
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton reveals trainee pay increases of up to 5%
- Ask the Experts: Applying Yourself to Your Application