IN THE NEWS
Norton Rose Fulbright and McLaren Mercedes challenge students to evaluate a successful corporate partnership
- Posted: Thursday, 18 December 2014 14:54
A team of first-year undergraduates from The University of Manchester (pictured) has won Norton Rose Fulbright (NRF) and McLaren Mercedes’ ‘Great Partnership Challenge’, a competition designed to encourage participants to consider in detail the workings of a commercial relationship between an international law firm and a major client.
- Posted: Wednesday, 17 December 2014 16:38
From January 2015 Reed Smith will transfer to a strengths-based recruitment process for all vacation scheme and training contract applicants.
As part of this change, applicants will complete an online situational strengths (SST) test after submitting their application forms. This test will focus on the key strengths required in the role being applied for. All candidates will receive feedback on their SST score, with successful candidates being invited to attend a strengths-based interview.
- Posted: Wednesday, 17 December 2014 11:58
Tom Fyfe of Simmons & Simmons is our third Hong Kong Series interviewee. Tom is the firm's practice group head for dispute resolution in Asia and the Hong Kong graduate recruitment partner. His first stint in Hong Kong was as a fourth-seat trainee in 1997. Following spells in the UK and Australia, Tom returned to Hong Kong in 2006. In this interview Tom shares his thoughts on Hong Kong’s culture, its role as an international financial centre, and the qualities Simmons & Simmons looks for in its trainee recruits.
- Posted: Friday, 12 December 2014 10:26
A Linklaters trainee has won the annual Horsfall Turner Essay Prize Competition, becoming the fourth trainee from the firm to win the prize.
Aoife Monaghan won the £1,000 award for her answer to this year’s question: “Object or effect: where do competition authorities need to draw the line?”
- German alliance presents secondment opportunities for Bond Dickinson trainees
- Law firm networks: the other route to going global
- Akin Gump launches London trainee scheme
- Herbert Smith Freehills hosts EmployAbility event encouraging disabled candidates to pursue legal careers
- The black spider memos
- Hong Kong Series: Herbert Smith Freehills’ Julian Copeman
- In-house Profile: RSA Group’s Derek Walsh
- Absent judge hears not guilty verdicts via Skype in an apparent criminal case first