IN THE NEWS
- Posted: Thursday, 24 April 2014 15:55
The Law Society announced today ( 24 April ) the election of senior TLT employment law partner Robert Bourns (pictured) as deputy vice president, starting July 2014. He is expected to assume the body's presidency in 2016.
- Posted: Thursday, 24 April 2014 12:26
Organisers of the 10th edition of the London Legal Walk have issued a call for 10,000 lawyers to tread 10km as part of this year's 19th of May fundraiser, whose proceedings will go towards sponsoring pro bono legal advice agencies.
The event, which is organised by the London Legal Support Trust and sponsored by the Law Society, has so far seen sign-ups from 456 teams, comprising representatives from law firms, chambers, universities, private employers and non-profit organisations.
- Posted: Tuesday, 22 April 2014 13:05
A set of family justice reforms aimed at reducing the duration of care cases to six month, creating a single Family Court and implementing a majority of the Children and Families Act provisions will be taking effect today (22 April). The development follows the November 2011 Family Justice Review led by acting Family Justice Board Chair David Norgrove, which found the then system ineffective in protecting minors, given the average 56 week-duration of children care and supervision cases.
- News Nuggets: 07 - 17 April, 2014
- Ask the Experts: Getting to Know a Firm
- Herbert Smith Freehills expands secondment opportunities to include Australian offices
- Trowers & Hamlins opens online applications for new Birmingham training contract
- Blog Buzz: 27 Feb - 07 April
- News Nuggets: 31 March - 04 April, 2014
- Six law firms named on The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2014
- University of Law appoints former JSSC CEO as apprenticeship scheme adviser