IN THE NEWS
- Posted: Friday, 17 October 2014 08:58
- Posted: Wednesday, 15 October 2014 10:25
DAC Beachcroft has switched legal course provider, transferring from the University of Law to BPP Law School.
BPP will provide the firm’s new students with Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), Legal Practice Course (LPC) and Professional Skills Course (PSC) qualifications. The change came into effect last month, and while three of DACB’s 2015 students who had already completed the GDL at ULaw have remained there to commence the LPC, it is anticipated that all trainee recruits for the 2016 intake will enroll at BPP from September 2015.
- Posted: Tuesday, 14 October 2014 09:28
White & Case has announced 37 partner promotions across their international offices, with one of this cohort having joined the firm as a trainee in London.
Matthew Wood is among those who will transition to the White & Case partnership effective 1st January 2015. He spent eight years in the firm’s London office before moving to the UAE in 2010 to further develop his project finance practice.
University of Law and Shanghai’s East China University of Political Science and Law in summer school exchange
- Posted: Tuesday, 14 October 2014 09:10
The University of Law (ULaw) has entered into a partnership with Shanghai’s East China University of Political Science and Law (ECUPL).
In the first stage of this cooperation, each sets of students will be able to attend summer schools based at the partner university. ECUPL students will also be able to enrol on ULaw’s LL.M programme in London, which will count towards their legal qualification in China. ULaw has stated that the move aligns with the interests of their law firm network, who increasingly demand that recruits possess strong Chinese and global legal skills.
- “Look for firms that have the values you have and live and breathe them” – Mishcon de Reya’s Ramona Mehta
- Ballot opens for the British Library’s one-day 800th anniversary Magna Carta exhibition
- Hong Kong Series: Deacons’ Travis Benjamin
- Debevoise to provide Hong Kong law advice
- The Lex 100 On The Road
- Shoosmiths co-host music finance event with the aim of encouraging industry innovation
- Gillian Coyle appointed Baker’s London HR Director, female parity on management board
- Sullivan & Cromwell expand London trainee programme